Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Glitter prints

I had to run some test prints today to check out a new paper stock and to finish the second layer of a print run after running out of ink the first time. So I thought to myself, why not do this batch with glitter? And WOW. Glitter looks great.

The first print is just one layer of ink on the new paper to test the absorbency of the paper.

The black layer in this print stands alone because it holds most of the structural detail of the faces. I think I am going to give this one to my friend's daughter who came out with her mom to the art show on Saturday.

The second print is basically a finished print from the original run where I had printed a bunch of extra red and needed to run black. This print is on Arches Cover, which is made for printing and is absolutely divine. You can't really see it in the picture but the black is one solid mass of glitter and the few prints I did are by far the best of any I have ever made. There are three good ones without any ink spots or other crud and I am going to have them buried with me in my pyramid some day.



No comments:

Post a Comment